2. Some of you have comment moderation enabled, so the comments of other people aren't showing up on your blog. I've noticed this especially with the WordPress blogs. To moderate your comments in WordPress, go into your Wordpress Dashboard and go down to Comments (it's on the menu bar on the left-hand side). Approve the comments. Remember, I can't give your classmates credit for commenting on your blog unless I can see the comments.
3. Once everybody enables the comments so that I can see them, I'll start putting the grades for each week into Angel. The grading is pretty simple:
- Substantial & acceptable post = 2 points (the usual grade)
- Insufficient post = 1 point
- No post = 0 points
- Comment on someone's blog = 1 point
If you write a post and a comment each week, you should see a "3" (out of a possible 3 points) as your grade for the blog assignment that week. The points are there largely as placeholders because Angel doesn't do checkmarks.
4. On our course blog, I'll be adding things from time to time, not just announcements, but links to things that might interest you or are just for fun. For example, the other day someone on Twitter mentioned an iTunes playlist that Ahab might have made if he were around now, and I'll post the link if I can find it again. You do NOT have to visit the links.
5. Since several of you said that you check our course blog
(http://english368fall2011.blogspot.com/) more than Angel, I just wanted to remind you that all the assignments are linked on our blog. The only things in Angel that aren't on the blog are the presentations (PowerPoints) from the lectures.
If you're seeing this on the blog but did not get this via email, I don't have an email address for you.